Trail Magic: Going Walkabout for 2184 Miles on the Appalachian Trail
Author(s): Hazel Edwards and Trevelyan Quest Edwards
Publisher: Brolga Publishing
ISBN: ISBN 9781922175359
Adventure memoir. A Darwin-based life-saver and former cartographer, Trevelyan was known as 'Walkabout' along the trail. 'Trail Magic' shares his minimalist (minus digital devices) philosophy as he treks the most famous hiking trail in the world over five months.
Trevelyan Edwards wore out two pairs of boots in five months. He walked THRU the Appalachian Trail of 2184 miles northwards from Atlanta, Georgia to Mt Katahdin in Maine (U.S.A.)
A Darwin-based life-saver and former cartographer, Trevelyan was known as 'Walkabout' along the trail. 'Trail Magic' shares his minimalist (minus digital devices) philosophy as he treks the most famous hiking trail in the world over five months. At one stage he nearly gave up, but the support of friends kept him going. Trail Magic is the random kindnesses strangers offer travellers along the Appalachian Trail which should be paid in kind. Hence this book.
Trevelyan was one of only two Australians to finish in 2012. Known as the 2000 Milers. he is listed here as Walkabout, with other amazing Trail Names. They are known as THRU walkers.
Hazel collaborated on the writing, but Trevelyan did ALL the walking.
Adventure Memoir Trail Magic is suitable for:
- Readers of 'Cycling Solo; Ireland to Istanbul' Trevelyan's first book.
- Adventure travellers.
- Backpackers, cyclists and walkers.
REVIEWS, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES
- booksbywomen.org writing as a family trade.
- Dee White's Blog : Author Writing Tips :CoWriting With Family
- Michele's_Trail_Magic_review. 'I could not put it down.'
- trail_magic_reviewed_by_rhys_tate.pdf 'length is perfect for a younger reader who enjoys hiking...'
- paul_segal_review_of_trail_magic_.pdf: 5 stars; 'makes you feel you are on the journey.'
- 16_yo_review_of_trail_magic.pdf 'easy read...like a 1 to 1 conversation' 5 stars
- Good Reads deals with challenges of almost giving up
- bookworld_lyndel_kennedys_review_of_trail_magic.pdf wonderful substitute if physically unable to do the walk.
- ink_smeared_page_review_of_trail_magic_.pdf 'a conversational journey'& 'insider's view of A.T.'
Purchasing an E-Book from Hazel's Online Store
*Please Note, this is only available as an e-book from Hazel's Online Store.
Once your payment has been processed, an email will be sent to your nominated email address with the E-Book file.
The E-Books available in Hazel Edwards' online store are EPUB files. These files are readable on a number of EBook Reader formats (many which can be downloaded free) including iBooks on iPad, Adobe Digital Editions, Barnes & Noble Nook, Sony Reader, Lucidor, Stanza, Ibis Reader, Mobipocket, Aldiko for android
Stay connected with Hazel!
Events & Appearances 2017
1st Fri each month PROV 10-1pm Mentoring & Finishing Book-Length Non Fiction.
June 23rd 1.25 pm Books-in-Homes Role Model, English Language School, Croydon Nth
July 7th 10-1pm PRO
August 4th 10-1pm PRO
August 8th Canberra: Chapman Primary School evening
August 12th Brunswick Foundling Archives Master Class 10-1pm
August 14th Ashburton Library 1.30-4.30 Writing a Non Boring Family History or Memoir'
August 18th Doncaster Library 11-12 Writing a Non Boring Family History or Memoir'
August 21st 11.30 Hume Grammar school visit
August 23rd (Weds) 11am Date with Reading Dog Ollie, Diamond Valley library, Greenborough.
August 24th 2pm Beverly Hills Primary , Doncaster
August 18-25 Chn Book Week 'Escape to Everywhere'
August 31st 1.30-3pm Chelsea Library 'Writing A Non Boring Family History'
September 1st 10-1pm PRO
September 8-10 HNSA Conference Swinburne Authorpreneurship.
September 16th 10-1pm Yarra Glen L&L Centre 'Writing a Non Boring Family History or Memoir'
September 19th YABBA
October 6th 10-1pm PRO
October 20/21 (t.b.c.) Colac ' Writing a Non Boring Family History'
November 3rd 10-1pm PRO
December 1st 10-1pm PRO