A Hairy Question
The Sparkler series is designed for newly independent readers
Reading Level: 22
Reading Age: 7+ yrs
Themes: friendship, coping with failure, swimming
Sparklers are chapter books with great stories and wonderful illustrations. As a series they bridge the gap between reading schemes and traditional chapter books.
– Character page – introduces the main characters in the story.
– Illustrated content page – a feature that can be used with students as a pre-reading entrance into the text.
– Author/Illustrator page – both author and illustrator answered the same list of questions student’s ask.
– Illustrated Glossary – dificult words are defined and illustrated in a two page glossary.
– Map page – a map of the place where the story takes place.
– Benchmark book – to provide opportunities to assess reading progress, comprehension and understanding, vocabulary development, personal response and recognizing features of a text type.