Mum on Wheels
Visit your local bookshop or these online retailers have copies available now – just click through on the direct link and you can purchase online:
When Mum comes home from hospital in a wheelchair, Leanne and her grandfather have to do things differently. After a birthday party, with Mr Magic, Leanne has a great idea for Mum.
This updated version shows how the importance of problem-solving via ‘good’ ideas remains. Even if words change.
For readers just starting with chapter books. But the ideas are for all ages.
- Many Para Olympic athletes perform in wheelchairs. Find out about the different sports played e.g. wheelchair rugby.
- If you were a designer, what devices would you include on your latest wheelchair ? What problems might these solve for a real wheelchair user?
- Borrow a wheelchair, and use it for one day. What changes need to be made in your area to make places more accessible for wheels?
- Design a special number plate for the wheelchair.
- Do you need L plates for a wheelchair when you are just learning to use it?
- What’s the difference between ‘disability’ and diffability’? If ‘diffability’ just means you do things differently but you still do them…
- Art and design
- Like me