Non Boring Family History
Speaker Topics: Writing a Non Boring Family History
Every family has secrets. And the extraordinary ‘ordinary’ stories deserve to be told. Researching and finding the best way to tell these stories can be a fascinating journey and the chance to create a valuable resource for your descendants.
Hazel’s Non-Boring Family History Workshop covers topics including
- Researching and Interviewing Skills
- How to organise your material
- Structuring a Book
- Making it interesting for the reader
- Formatting and Publishing Options
- Handling Family Secrets
- Editing and Proofreading
- How to write using all senses and perspectives
- Launching and Marketing possibilities
Suitable for all who wish to improve their writing skills as well as for those contemplating or struggling with a book length project such as a family history, corporate history or autobiography/memoirs. Also suitable for those writing family history stories and anecdotes for younger children in their families.
Can also be a 1 hour lunchtime talk.