Ho! Ho! Ho! There's a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Christmas Cake
Title: "Ho! Ho! Ho! There's a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Christmas Cake"
ISBN: 987 0 14 379067 9
Author: Hazel Edwards
Illustrator: Deborah Niland
Publisher: Puffin Penguin Random House Australia
- '...great book for a small child's Christmas stocking...' reviewed by Di Bates ,BUZZ Words.pdf
- '...a family story which really captures the spirit of Christmas...impulse gamer.pdf
- '...There's nothing not to love about these classic Australian hippo books...Meg Daley Children's Books Daily
- '...Our favourite hippopotamus is back...' wildaboutbooks
- '...so many childhoods have been shaped by the hippopotamus ...'KidsBookReview by Sarah Wallace.
- '..love the imagination of the child character who knows that there is a hippo.' Little Big Reads.pdf
- Sophie Masson's Blog Interview.pdf (plus sample hippo biscuits) Firebirdfeathers
- StoryMama.pdf 'How Grandchild Inspired Book'
- LINKED IN: Digitally Challenged Grandma & Literacy
- Hippo on Vision Australia
- Kinderling Conversations: The Family Legacy
- Author reading 'Ho!Ho!Ho! on Kinderling radio.
- 'There's a Hippopotamus on Our Podcast Eating Cake' OneMorePage Episode 19
- Nat's “Hippo Podcast Song” on #Vimeo https://vimeo.com/295504292
- ''The Inside Scoop' .pdf Buzz Words (May 2019) History of cake-eating hippo books.
Buy your own copy of "Ho! Ho! Ho!...
( Reprinting already: Check PenguinRandomHouse for details )
Orchard Grove Primary has been one of the first to perform the script as Readers' Theatre.
Grade 3 teacher Adam Todd's use of the whiteboard script and podcasts has also helped with literacy.
Downloadable: Class Performance Script for Ho Ho HO_Hippo.pdf (249.94 KB)with choruses.
Download Hippo activity pack .
Even a Vegemite Sandwich Hippo from far North Qld fan.
Variations on gingerbread hippos from recipe in Hippo Activity pack.
The cutters have become most sought -after.
Stay connected with Hazel!
Events & Appearances 2019
1st Fri each month PROV 10-1pm Masterclass: Complete Your Book in a Year.
Jan 3rd First 'Complete Your Book in a Year' PROV
Jan 7th 10-1pm U3A Nunawading Summer School: Non Boring Writing.
Feb 7th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
Feb 19th 1. 30-1pm OAM Wheelers' Hill Library
March 1st (Sun) 1-4pm Ivanhoe Library 'Writing Non Boring History for Grandkids'
March 6th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
March 27th Society of Women Writers: Authorpreneurship' workshop
April 3rd PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
April 18th SCBWI The Dock Library
May 1st PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
May 30th TBC Library Week Rosanna Library 1-4 pm 'Writing a Non- Boring Family History'
June 5th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
20/21st Willy Festival 20/20
July 3rd PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
August 7th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
Book Week; Larrikin Puppets Musical of 'Hijabi Girl:
Sept 4th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
Oct 2nd PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
Nov 6th PROV 'Complete Your Book in a Year'
Dec 4th PROV Mini Book launch