Ho! Ho! Ho! There's a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Christmas Cake
Title: "Ho! Ho! Ho! There's a Hippopotamus on Our Roof Eating Christmas Cake"
ISBN: 987 0 14 379067 9
Author: Hazel Edwards
Illustrator: Deborah Niland
Publisher: Puffin Penguin Random House Australia
- '...great book for a small child's Christmas stocking...' reviewed by Di Bates ,BUZZ Words.pdf
- '...a family story which really captures the spirit of Christmas...impulse gamer.pdf
- '...There's nothing not to love about these classic Australian hippo books...Meg Daley Children's Books Daily
- '...Our favourite hippopotamus is back...' wildaboutbooks
- '...so many childhoods have been shaped by the hippopotamus ...'KidsBookReview by Sarah Wallace.
- '..love the imagination of the child character who knows that there is a hippo.' Little Big Reads.pdf
- Sophie Masson's Blog Interview.pdf (plus sample hippo biscuits) Firebirdfeathers
- StoryMama.pdf 'How Grandchild Inspired Book'
- LINKED IN: Digitally Challenged Grandma & Literacy
- Kinderling Conversations: The Family Legacy
- Author reading 'Ho!Ho!Ho! on Kinderling radio.
- 'There's a Hippopotamus on Our Podcast Eating Cake' OneMorePage Episode 19
- Nat's “Hippo Podcast Song” on #Vimeo https://vimeo.com/295504292
- ''The Inside Scoop' .pdf Buzz Words (May 2019) History of cake-eating hippo books.
Buy your own copy of "Ho! Ho! Ho!...
( Reprinting already: Check PenguinRandomHouse for details )
Orchard Grove Primary has been one of the first to perform the script as Readers' Theatre.
Grade 3 teacher Adam Todd's use of the whiteboard script and podcasts has also helped with literacy.
Downloadable: Class Performance Script for Ho Ho HO_Hippo.pdf (249.94 KB)with choruses.
Download Hippo activity pack .
Even a Vegemite Sandwich Hippo from far North Qld fan.
Variations on gingerbread hippos from recipe in Hippo Activity pack.
The cutters have become most sought -after.
Stay connected with Hazel!
Events & Appearances 2018
1st Fri each month PROV 10-1pm Masterclass: Finishing Book-Length Non Fiction.
2019 PROV Master Class starts Jan 4th
19th Monash, Clayton 6.30
29th (Friday) 11 am Society of Women Writers 'Authorpreneurship' workshop
14th 11am Literary Awards Lunch Hawthorn
21st Book Week: 12-1pm Kismet Park Primary (Sunbury)
29th YABBA Awards Camberwell Girls Grammar.
Nov 10th 2-5pm Non- Boring Writing Workshop, Hawthorn