Speaker Topics: Author Visits to Schools and Libraries
As a visiting author, festival speaker or writer–in-residence, Hazel has been invited to Australian schools, kindergartens and libraries but also to international communities in China, Indonesia, Nepal and America. Hazel shares her research and writing experiences as a way of inspiring young readers and writers.
Literacy and literature are combined in talks, including:
- the process of creating a book
- collaborating with an illustrator to create the images
- rewriting and proofreading
- where ideas come from
- writing ‘what if’ stories for fiction
- writing factual stories
- writing articles and plays
- meeting the book characters
- story reading session
- embarrassing moments!
Hazel offers a range of Classroom Resources to support an Author Visit. Click through to Teacher Resources to download the resources.